GEORGE, Wash. - Grant County Sheriff's detectives are investigating a homicide along the Old Vantage Highway near George.
The body was found halfway down to the Columbia River from Silica Road, that's the exit of Interstate 90 that motorists take to get to the Gorge Amphitheater.
Officials say the body was clearly visible on the side of the road on property owned by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.
According to officials, the body displayed clear signs of homicidal violence.
- Moose rescued after getting tangled in swing set
- Beloved Crescent building Christmas window displays are back
- Cryptocurrency craze
- Spokane Park Board votes to create cross country skiing trails near golf course
- More people misuse disabled parking spots in winter months
- 'Tobacco 21' seeks to up the age to purchase cigarettes and e-cigarettes