SPOKANE, Wash. - In Spokane County Superior court Tuesday morning, 39-year-old Virgil J. Seymour pleaded not guilty to all five charges against him. He's charged with 1 count of Vehicular Homicide, 1 could of Vehicular Assault, 1 count Felony Hit & Run, and 2 counts Injury Hit & Run.
Authorities believe Seymour was impaired and speeding when his 2011 Ford F150 pickup truck rear-ended a 2006 Mazda 6 at the intersection of Broadway and University in Spokane Valley just before midnight on December 4th.
One of the two people in the car hit by Seymour died at the scene. Both vehicles had passengers in them at the time, both received minor injures.
When confronted by deputies, Seymour ran from the scene before being found by a Spokane County Sheriff K9 unit. Seymour then refused to take a breathalyzer test.
Investigators believed he was under the influence and ordered a sample of his blood. He was arrested and charged with vehicular homicide.
In court in early January, lawyers said Seymour was going 71 miles per hour when he rear-ended the car.
His bond is set at $100,000.
Seymour did have one prior DUI in 2012 that was knocked down to a reckless driving charge.
A judge set Seymour's trail for March 12th.
- UGM Student Impact Center aims to help Spokane's at risk youth
- Newport marchers protest proposed smelter
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family