PECK, Idaho - Around 5:00 Sunday night, the Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office received a report of a house fire on Park St in Peck.
The Sheriff's office said the fire started while one of the home owners was attempting to start a fire in their wood stove. The home owner was using an accelerant when the fire got out of control.
One of the home owners was able to escape from the house while the other became trapped inside and perished, according to the Sheriff's Office.
The Sheriff's Office will release the victims names once family is notified.
- KXLY4's anchors named as favorites in Inlander's "Best of" edition
- Made in the Northwest: Cygnus
- GU students told to avoid area of police activity in Logan neighborhood
- Students from seven to seventeen plan Spokane's March For Our Lives
- Moscow seeks nominees for 2018 Mayor's Earth Day Awards
- Groups oppose Senate candidate's planned rally, citing safety concerns