SPOKANE, Wash. - Rumors and second hand information has East Valley High School in modified lockdown.
The Spokane County Sheriff's Office tells Kxly4 that is appears a comment made Tuesday, referencing the Freeman High School shooting, quickly blossomed into a possible threat of a shooting at East Valley.
The rumors said something would happen at 11 a.m.
However, deputies have been trying to track down the source of that comment but have been unable to and say at this point everything is hearsay.
Parents are able to pick up students, but the school feels everyone is safe. They are still investigating and interviewing students.
A modified lock down restricts student movement inside the school.
Anyone with information about this threat is asked to call the Spokane County Sheriff's Office at (509) 477-2240.
- Snowy start to Saturday in Spokane
- One girl found, one still missing from Bonners Ferry
- Passenger killed after collision with Chelan County snowplow
- Robbery suspects arrested after breaking into motel room
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient
- Second storm of the week brings new snow, high winds to Inland NW