KOOTENAI COUNTY, Idaho - Over Thanksgiving weekend, the 24 through the 25, Kootenai County will be doing DUI emphasis patrols in the evening in an effort to reduce the number of crashes that happen when people get behind the wheel drunk.
It will be the third ever "No Refusal Weekend" campaign in the state of Idaho.
That means if an impaired driver refuses to provide a breath sample, the officer will request a search warrant so a blood sample will be obtained.
According to the County, a 200 pound man would have to drink about nine beers in one hour to reach a blood alcohol content of .159. The legal limit in Idaho is .08.
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient
- Second storm of the week brings new snow, high winds to Inland NW
- Kxly4 Extreme Team gears up for Projectid makeover
- Sheriff, SPS talk importance of reporting potential school violence
- Guys, Recycle!
- Kxly4 and STCU honor the MOOSE Project