DEER PARK, Wash. - Early Sunday morning, 24-year-old Shawn Thorne of Spokane was driving Southbound in the Northbound lane of State Route 395 about 6 miles north of Deer Park when he hit an oncoming car head on.
The driver of the car hit was 41-year-old Shane Yeager of Deer Park. Crystal Yeager, 39, was in the passenger seat.
Both the Yeagers were taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center for their injuries. Thorne was taken to Deaconess Medical Center.
A third car was unable to stop, and struck the car driven by Yeager from behind. Two adults and two children in that car were uninjured.
The crash closed SR 395 for over five hours.
Washington State Patrol says drugs and/or alcohol were the cause of the crash, and vehicular assault charges are pending.
All people involved in the crash were wearing seatbelts at the time.
- Tickets available for NCAA Women's Basketball Regional Championship
- Wild Waters waterpark is being demolished
- Spokane's golf courses open for the season
- Spokane friends' life-long game of tag made into Hollywood movie
- Gonzaga's Graduate Accounting ranked 13th best in nation
- Fear grows among business owners as construction looms on North Monroe