DEER PARK, Wash. - Early Sunday morning, 24-year-old Shawn Thorne of Spokane was driving Southbound in the Northbound lane of State Route 395 about 6 miles north of Deer Park when he hit an oncoming car head on.
The driver of the car hit was 41-year-old Shane Yeager of Deer Park. Crystal Yeager, 39, was in the passenger seat.
Both the Yeagers were taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center for their injuries. Thorne was taken to Deaconess Medical Center.
A third car was unable to stop, and struck the car driven by Yeager from behind. Two adults and two children in that car were uninjured.
The crash closed SR 395 for over five hours.
Washington State Patrol says drugs and/or alcohol were the cause of the crash, and vehicular assault charges are pending.
All people involved in the crash were wearing seatbelts at the time.
Spokane Valley immigration lawyer breaks down zero tolerance policy
Spokane non-profit helping veterans heal looks for new location
- Spokane Valley immigration lawyer breaks down zero tolerance policy
- Spokane non-profit helping veterans heal looks for new location
- Woman found not guilty in nephew's death
- Schweitzer offers bikes with a boost
- Spokane Valley law enforcement warns of potential burglary scheme
- Spokane Valley Deputy and K9 catch suspect on the run