SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County Sheriff's Office Sexual Assault Unit Detectives are investigating after receiving reports of a student at Medical Lake High School selling the log-on information to an internet drive with sexually explicit pictures of female juveniles.
A Spokane County deputy found several folders on the drive that contained selfies of females she estimated to be 15 to 18 years old.
Detectives believe the pictures are of females who live in West Spokane County and possible go to, or did go to Medical Lake High School and other schools in the area. Medical Lake School District has been notified of the investigation and are helping detectives to find the suspect.
Detectives are currently trying to preserve evidence, prevent the photos from being shared, and identify potential victims. Investigors will contact the parents of the victims as soon as they are identified.
The Sheriff's Office is asking parents to have a conversation with their children that any picture they send, they can no longer control. It could end up anywhere, viewed by anyone.
Distributing or possessing depictions of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct (even if consensual) is a felony.
- Skater falls on Spokane ice ribbon, dies
- Fire closes Moses Lake pizza parlor for "foreseeable future"
- Iconic Moses Lake pizza parlor on fire
- Weather cooperates as hundreds turn out for 3rd annual Walk for Life NW
- WSU community honors quarterback with candlelight vigil
- Spokane's favorite crossing guard