BLANCHARD, Idaho - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office has identified the Bonner County deputies and the suspect involved in Monday's shooting near Blanchard.
The involved deputies are Michael Gagnon, Justin Penn, and William Craffey.
Deputies Gagnon and Penn are at Kootenai Health recovering from gunshot wounds. Gagnon is in serious condition while Penn is listed in fair condition. Deputy Craffey was not injured during the shooting.
Adam Deacon Foster, 30, has been identified as the shooting suspect. He is also in Kootenai Health, listed in fair condition.
The three deputies were attempting to arrest Foster on a warrant at his home when the gunfire was exchanged. Detectives from the Critical Incident Task Force are piecing together the events of what happened. The investigation is ongoing.
All three deputies will be placed on administrative leave until the end of the investigation.
- Give back through Inlander Restaurant Week
- Cheney HS students walk-out in protest against gun laws
- Flu death toll continues to rise in Spokane
- Spokane ranked 2nd least safe city in Washington
- Forum seeks to end child abuse, increase affordable childcare in Spokane
- Spokane firefighter with legacy of protecting firefighters remembered