HAYDEN, Idaho - A Kootenai County Sheriff's Deputy located an occupied stolen car driving in Hayden Lake Saturday.
The deputy saw the car around 9 p.m. driving near the intersection of N. Lakeview Drive and E. Miles Avenue.
The vehicle's license plates had been removed and upon stopping the vehicle, the deputy recognized the driver as the suspect in the vehicle theft. Additional deputies arrived to assist, and the two occupants, 26-year-old Tanner D. Flowerdew, and 34-year-old Tesandra D. Graupman, were taken into custody.
During a search of the car, numerous stolen items, including checks and credit cards, were located from burglaries in Coeur d'Alene. The vehicle and all property were seized for follow-up investigations.
Flowerdew was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle, possession of a stolen financial transaction card, and possession of paraphernalia. Graupman was arrested for possession of a stolen financial transaction card. Additional charges are expected once more victims are contacted.
Flowerdew has been booked into the Kootenai County Public Safety Building 16 times before. Graupman has been booked into the Kootenai County Public Safety Building 9 times before.
- Juvenile arrested for making threats toward Kellogg Middle School
- Moses Lake School District increases police presence at schools following social media threat
- Scammers pose as iFiber Communications employees
- Sacred Heart Medical Center makes top hospital ranking
- Jury selected following mistrial of former police sergeant
- Six people escape Spokane Valley house fire