COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - On Monday, Idaho State Police investigated a three vehicle double fatality crash on I90 at milepost 16 westbound, just east of Coeur d'Alene in the construction zone at around 11 a.m.
41-year-old Travis Clay of Coeur d'Alene, was driving a 2007 Chevy Silverado when he crossed into the eastbound lanes of travel hitting a 2012 Chevy Cruze head on. The driver of the Cruze was 75-year-old Patricia Mahoney of Coeur d'Alene.
After striking Mahoney, Clay then struck 27-year-old Jon Hagaman of Smelterville who was driving a 2004 Ford F350.
Clay and Mahoney were pronounced deceased at the scene and were transported to English Funeral Home. Hagaman was not injured in the crash.
All subjects were wearing seat belts. The roadway was blocked for approximately 4 hours.
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal
- Sen. Maria Cantwell speaks on opioid crisis in Spokane, proposes new legislation