SPOKANE, Wash. - Construction of the Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center's Intensive Outpatient Mental Health & Education Building expansion project has been postponed.
During the early stages of the project while excavating for the foundation, workers encountered a pit of gravel in the soil they had not foreseen during the planning phase.
The project intends to perform additional geotechnical testing on the soil before construction can continue.
Once this happens, the project will be resubmitted through the VA construction approval process for completion.
The Veterans Health Administration expects approval to be obtained and for the project to move forward in the future.
- Spokane ranked 2nd least safe city in Washington
- Forum seeks to end child abuse, increase affordable childcare in Spokane
- Spokane firefighter with legacy of protecting firefighters remembered
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery provides safe, confidential temporary childcare
- The impacts of child abuse, through the eyes of an officer
- Daycare worker fights for better access to childcare after death of Caiden Henry