COEUR D'ALENE - According to the Idaho Department of Labor, Idaho's population grew 1.8 percent to 1,683,140 between July 1, 2015, and July 1, 2016.
Six urban counties, including Ada, Canyon, Kootenai, Bannock, and Twin Falls, accounted for 77 percent of the growth, and 65 percent of the overall population.
The Census estimates reported three of Idaho’s six Metropolitan Statistics Areas ranked in the top 25 fastest growing by population in the county.
The Coeur d’Alene metro area ranked 11th with a 2.6 percent increase.
- Investigation prompts several search warrants at Red Top motel in Spokane Valley
- Idaho senator's reaction stirring up social media
- Wolf Creek Lodge Steak House closing its doors
- Bitter cold no match for dog owners
- Getting your car and home ready for freezing temperatures
- City council president teases proposal to tax gun sales