KINGSTON, Idaho - One child was killed Wednesday afternoon along I-90 and milepost 43 when the car they were traveling in rolled over.
Idaho State Police said 36-year old Heather Scott-Mason of Clatskine, Oregon was driving eastbound with two children in the car.
Police said Scott-Mason lost control of the car, overcorrected and rolled. The car came to rest on the passenger side.
One of the children was pronounced dead at the scene. It's not known if the child was wearing a seatbelt. The driver and front passenger were taken to Shoshone Medical Center, both of them were wearing seatbelts.
I-90 eastbound was closed for four hours while ISP investigated the crash.
- Snowy start to Saturday in Spokane
- One girl found, one still missing from Bonners Ferry
- Passenger killed after collision with Chelan County snowplow
- Robbery suspects arrested after breaking into motel room
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient
- Second storm of the week brings new snow, high winds to Inland NW