SPOKANE, Wash. - Campfire started Rimrock Fire in west Spokane
Fire officials have determined that a campfire was the start of the Rimrock Fire that started Friday afternoon in west Spokane near Palisades Park.
The fire is now fully contained and is estimated to have burned 15 acres.
Level 1 evacuation notices were issued to surrounding homes, but were lifted several hours into the firefight.
Firefighters will remain on scene overnight, to keep an eye on where they did burnouts between the where the fire burned and trails in the area and to make sure no additional flare-ups occur.
- Spokane is growing and rentals can't keep up
- Protesters urge Rep. McMorris Rodgers to vote against Republican tax bill
- K9 Kahn locates stolen gun ditched by fleeing suspect
- Wolves poached in northeast Washington
- Washington medical partnership shapes future of medicine
- Spokane to open new Community Court following downtown success