SPOKANE, Wash. - UPDATE: The Spokane County Sheriff's Office said the bicyclist succumbed to his injuries this morning and died at the hospital. The investigation into the cause of the accident continues.
A bicyclist struck by a vehicle in Spokane was transported to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.
On Monday morning at 8:30, Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a report of a bicyclist struck by a minivan on Dishman Mica north of Madison.
Deputies at the scene learned the minivan, traveling south on Dishman Mica, struck the southbound bicyclist traveling on the shoulder of the roadway.
The adult male bicyclist was transported from the scene with life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the minivan stayed at the scene and has been cooperative.
Due to the serious injuries, Spokane County Sheriff’s Office Traffic Unit Investigators were called to the scene, as were SIRT volunteers to assist with traffic control.
The bicyclist was wearing a helmet at the time of the collision. At this time, impairment does not appear to be a factor.
This is an ongoing investigation.
Anyone with information or who witnessed this incident is asked to call Crime Check at 509-456-2233.
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal