AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. - A Spokane man died early Sunday morning after being hit by a drunk driver.
He was riding his bicycle near U.S. 2 and Flint when the collision occurred.
Washington State Patrol has identified the victim as 44-year old Ty Olds.
Troopers determined the cause of the accident to be driving under the influence.
The driver has been identified as 27-year-old Melissa Paul.
She has been booked into the Spokane County Jail and will face vehicular homicide and possession of a controlled substance charges.
A passenger in her vehicle, Stephan Goodwin, has also been booked on two charges of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver.
- Spokane AMR paramedic selected to NASCAR safety team for 2018
- Spokane County confident in their emergency alert system
- Respiratory illness in Spokane County by the numbers
- Flu season still has far to go
- McMorris Rodgers releases statement on DACA negotiations
- Rape suspect released from jail two days before Spokane Valley assault