SPOKANE, Wash. - Black Friday and Cyber Monday may be over, but if you have the travel bug, the best airfare deals are on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
Hopper, the travel app for your phone, has declared it Travel Deal Tuesday, and says you can save up to 40 percent on round trip tickets for your winter getaway. On Travel Deal Tuesday, major airlines are offering big discounts because travel demand tends to die down after Thanksgiving. They know customers probably have your flights booked for Christmas and New Years, but not winter getaways.
At KXLY 4 News, we checked out prices for some of the hottest flights out of Spokane International Airport in the coming months.
Round trip flights to Phoenix, Arizona in February and March start at just $220. If you can wait until April, they're as low as $210.
If you're really looking to go tropical, flights to Cancun, Mexico and Hawaii in January and February are only $475 round-trip.
And all winter, getting to and from Las Vegas can cost just $210.
All prices were found using the Flex Watch feature on the free app, showing the cheapest prices available right now. The biggest savings are for international travel. When leaving from big cities like Seattle, you can get to Europe for just $500 round-trip.
The travel app says last year airfare sales activity doubled on Travel Deal Tuesday.
- As bald eagles converge on Lake Coeur d'Alene, biologist warns of lead bullet use
- Christmas inflatable decorations slashed
- Toddler learns to snowboard before first birthday
- Spokane Democrats say Alabama special election gives hope for 2018
- Band members charged with raping woman released from jail
- Grant County deputies searching for missing teenager