SPOKANE, Wash. - Avista will begin restoration work Wednesday on the access road that connects Mica Peak Conservation Area to the trailhead parking area at the end of Belmont Road.
Avista plans to replace eight power poles along the Benewah Boulder Transmission Line, part of which is within the Mica Peak Conservation Area.
The restoration includes grading, installing drain drips, and adding rock check dams to slow runoff and prevent erosion.
The work will improve conditions in the area for public use. It is expected to be completed in early November. The trail system will likely remain open during this time, but access may be effected at certain points. You can find information on the project here.
- Spokane County snow response underway in all four districts
- Grant County issues alert after increased number of influenza cases reported
- City initiates full-City plow
- First Night to host first ever Iron Clad Art Competition
- Deputies cleared after January shooting near Blanchard
- Heavy snowfall creates hazardous driving conditions