SPOKANE, Wash. - Around 8:15 a.m. this morning, a middle school age girl was walking from her apartment to a nearby school bus stop when a male in a vehicle pulled up alongside of her and asked her through the window if she wanted a ride.
The victim told him "No," and continued to walk toward the bus stop.
The driver continued to follow the victim and allegedly asked her at least 3-4 more times if she wanted a ride.
When the victim did not respond, the driver opened his driver door and reportedly demanded the victim to, "Get in the damn car!"
The victim continued walking while reaching for her cell phone, then the male closed his door and drove away.
The suspect vehicle is described as an old and dirty 4-door black sedan. The vehicle also has a scratch on the left front panel near the driver's door. The interior is either tan or grey and clean inside. There was a pack of cigarettes on the dashboard. The car did not have any stickers, tint or loud exhaust.
The suspect was described as a white male in his late 30's to mid-40s. He is medium weight, about 5'8 with short, grey receding hair, no facial hair, no glasses or piercings, and a deep voice.
At the time of the incident he had a watch on his left wrist and was wearing a grey shirt under a black hoodie and light denim jeans.
The victim described his clothing as "old or dirty."
Officers checked the area extensively and did not locate the suspect. If you have any information on who this suspect may be please call crime check at 509-456-2233.
- Forum seeks to end child abuse, increase affordable childcare in Spokane
- Spokane firefighter with legacy of protecting firefighters remembered
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery provides safe, confidential temporary childcare
- The impacts of child abuse, through the eyes of an officer
- Daycare worker fights for better access to childcare after death of Caiden Henry
- Kxly4 Extreme Team gets to work renovating Project ID