SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Mayor David Condon has declared the month of April 2017 as Gonzaga University month, following the record breaking season of the GU Men's Basketball Team.
“Gonzaga has taken the city on a magical run to the peak of college basketball the past few months and done it in a way that represents the university and city in the best of lights,” Condon said. “Spokane is fortunate to count higher education and its unwavering support for its basketball teams among our many strengths, and Gonzaga basketball has helped us share that story with the rest of the country. Congratulations on a great season and outstanding tournament. Spokane is proud to be the home of the Zags.”
The decision came following a historic season that captured the hearts and excitement of an entire city along the way.
Spokane Police Chief appointed to Washington Association of Sheriffs & Police Chiefs Executive Board
Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office cracks down on drunk driving
- Spokane Police Chief appointed to Washington Association of Sheriffs & Police Chiefs Executive Board
- Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office cracks down on drunk driving
- Semi-truck driver killed near Wallace
- Morning Sprint: Dec. 13
- Working smoke detectors save Spokane Valley man's life
- Idaho Greeks self-impose sanctions on alcohol-related events