SPOKANE, Wash. - Washington State Patrol troopers say a woman driving while on her cell phone caused an AMR ambulance to leave the westbound lanes of Interstate 90 Wednesday morning.
The ambulance did not have any passengers on board and everyone involved in the crash walked away without injury.
The driver of a white Volvo was trying to pass slower traffic while using her mobile device. At some point she over corrected and sideswiped ambulance causing the driver to lose control and skidded off the road way into nearby trees.
WSP says the woman who caused the accident will be cited for negligent driving.
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal