FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE, Wash. - UPDATE: The Airman has been identified as 20-year-old Nolan Fournier, assigned to the 92nd Communications Squadron.
Fournier, from West Branch, Michigan, was a Knowledge Management Apprentice who served in the Air Force since June 7, 2016.
"Airman Fournier was a great American Airman and a part of Team Fairchild, and the loss of any member of our team is felt across the community," said Col. Ryan Samuelson, 92nd Air Refueling Wing commander. "We are doing all we can to support the family members, teammates and loved ones impacted by this loss."
According to the Spokane County Medical Examiner, the cause of death was determined to be suicide.
Previous Story: An Airman assigned to the 92nd Air Refueling Wing was found dead in their dorm room at Fairchild Air Force Base around 2 p.m. Tuesday.
The cause of death is under investigation by the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.
The name of the Airman is being withheld until 24 hours after next of kin are notified.
Updates will be provided as the investigation continues.
- Pullman psychologist jailed for rape found dead in cell
- Spokane Police Arrest two suspects following string of purse snatching incidents
- Services, schedules change for Presidents Day
- Idaho man accused of shooting at officer in custody
- Canine influenza spreads to East Idaho
- Both missing Bonners Ferry girls found safe