AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. - A teenage girl was killed and three others were injured Saturday morning after a T-bone collision on Highway 2 near Airway Heights.
The crash happened at 6:47 a.m. Saturday and involved members of the Medical Lake High School track and field team, who were headed to the school to board a bus to Cheney for the Van Kuren Invitational.
17-year-old Journey R. Tueller, a passenger in the 2011 Kia Sorento, was killed after the car pulled out onto Highway 2 from Wood Rd. and was struck by a 2008 Ford F-250 truck, driven by 37-year-old Lloyd D. Jones. Jones was injured in the crash but did not need to go to hospital for his injuries.
The other occupants of the Sorento, 17-year-old driver Lauren H. Gross, 15-year-old passenger Laci R. Sica, and 14-year-old Savannah S. Sutton, were transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center with what were described as serious injuries.
Washington State Patrol says the Kia Sorento failed to stop at the stop sign before pulling out onto the highway.
- Fans celebrate Coeur d'Alene Little League's World Series appearance
- Fish kill planned for West Medical Lake as WDFW responds to goldfish infestation impacting trout
- Power bills could go down for Avista customers in Washington
- Boyds fire near Kettle Falls 27 percent contained
- Know before you go to avoid driving headaches
- New Mudgy & Millie book debuts at birthday