RITZVILLE, Wash. - One person is dead and another injured in a one car crash on State Route 395 in Adams County, 24 miles south of Ritzville.
It happened at approximately 5:00 am Monday at milepost 72.
Washington State Patrol says the passenger, 48-year-old Gabriela Parra Beltran, was killed in the crash, while the driver, 18-year-old Jaciel Parra Medina, was injured.
The vehicle was traveling north bound at a high rate. The driver fell asleep at the wheel and went off the roadway.
The vehicle came to a rest blocking the south bound side.
The southbound lanes of SR 395 were fully blocked Monday morning, but a detour was available.
- Morning Sprint: Dec. 12
- Alaska Airlines gives local kids an adventure to the 'North Pole'
- Spokane is growing and rentals can't keep up
- Protesters urge Rep. McMorris Rodgers to vote against Republican tax bill
- K9 Kahn locates stolen gun ditched by fleeing suspect
- Wolves poached in northeast Washington