SPOKANE, Wash. - Zona Blanca has joined the myriad of local businesses helping federal employees during, and now after, the government shutdown.
Chad White, the head chef and owner of the ceviche bar, posted on Instagram about the offer on Monday.
Even though the shutdown has come to an end, for the next two weeks (Jan. 28 to Feb. 11) from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., federal employees and their families can enjoy a hot meal for free. However, because the establishment is a 21 and older venue, they ask that an adult come inside to grab that meal as take out.
Life doesn’t just pause itself when our pay stops: Starting tomorrow and for the next 2 weeks we will be feeding furloughed Federal employees and their families a hot meal for FREE at Zona Blanca from 12pm - 4pm. 📍Were a 21+ Establishment so if your family is with you please have one adult come in and we can provide this for take out. Federal employees will need to present a federal I.D. @wckitchen @chefjoseandres @cheftimkilcoyne @limefishsalt #chefsforfeds
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane childcare providers worried over new state requirements
- Local numbers from the 'Clear the Shelters' nationwide event have been released
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries