SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Many gathered to honor the life of Shianne Soles on Saturday, including military personnel, who performed a 21 gun salute at the doors of her funeral service.
Soles, a 19-year-old Central Valley High School graduate, was among three active service members killed in a shooting near Portsmouth, Virginia, earlier this month.
She has since been remembered by loved ones as a 'bright light.'
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- #happylife: move your workout indoors this fall at Spin City!
- FAA gives Grant County International Airport $9.9M grant for improvements
- Bidder offers more than $2,000 in auction for sticker-covered "Welcome" sign
- Owl gets stuck in the window of a Spokane Valley home, rescued by firefighters
- Franklin Co. man accused of murdering his mother arrested while crossing US-Mexico border
- Deer Park woman quits job to search for missing dog