COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A Liberty Lake man won a $335,000 house as the grand prize at the North Idaho College Foundation's Really BIG Raffle drawing Wednesday night.
It was Mark Collins' first time buying a ticket for the raffle.
"I've been meaning to buy a ticket for years now. Last year, I missed the cutoff. The year before, something else happened," said Collins. "You bet I'm glad I bought one this year."
Collins' prize is a 2,342 sq. ft., three bedroom, two bath home in Post Falls. It was built by NIC Carpentry and Construction Technology students.
Cash and prizes totaling $372,000 were given away at the Really BIG Raffle's 26th anniversary drawing. First and second place prizes of $20,000 and $10,000 were also awarded.
"We are so grateful to the community for their continued support of this important fundraiser," said NIC Foundation Executive Director Rayelle Anderson. "The proceeds directly benefit students through scholarships, technology and program needs."
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from 4 News Now. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
The Gathering at the Falls Powwow celebrates 28 years
Alaska Airlines apologizes to family for leaving 13-year-old unattended on flight
- The Gathering at the Falls Powwow celebrates 28 years
- Detectives searching for man who fired gun at Spokane Valley house
- Registered sex offender moves to Soap Lake
- Boater dies in crash at Thunder on the Snake boat races
- City crews responding to water main break on NW Blvd
- MultiCare creates virtual and in-home programs to serve Inland Northwest's seniors