LEWISTON, Idaho - A Clearwater Paper employee was seriously hurt Monday after sustaining burns to his upper and lower body, according to Pacific Empire Radio and DailyFly.com
Around 3 p.m. on Monday, an employee was working at the east pulp mill fiberline tank farm when he reportedly suffered burns to his legs and hands.
The employee was sent to St. Joseph Regional Medical Center but had to be airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for further treatment. He's listed in satisfactory condition.
"The source of the burns was a portable propane heater," said Clearwater Public Information Officer Matt Van Vleet.
Van Vleet says an investigation is underway by the company's employee health and safety experts.
- Police search for person who sexually assaulted EWU student
- Moses Lake remembers Chico's Pizza Parlor
- City of Spokane responds to tragedy on their new ice ribbon
- Elks Lodge 228 vandalized, suspects on the run
- Post Falls man sentenced after 7th DUI conviction
- Hospitals continue flu season visitor restrictions