GRANT COUNTY, Wash. - UPDATE: The level 3 evacuations have been lifted. Fire officials have lowered evacuation notices to level 1. One home was lost in the fire over night. There is no word on containment, but calming winds aided in the fire fighting efforts.
The Grant County Sheriff's Office urged residents to leave their homes immediately as level 3 evacuation notices were put in place due to wildfire near the town of Quincy.
The Monument Hill Wildfire continues to burn 1,500 acres northeast of Quincy. The notices are for Adams Road and areas north of Road 13-NW and Road J.8-NW.
Level 3 evacuation notices mean that you in immediate danger. Load your family and pets into your vehicle and leave immediately as there is a significant threat to life and property.
State mobilization has been approved for the fire.
The Red Cross will be opening a shelter at midnight at Quincy High School for those who need emergency assistance.
- UGM Student Impact Center aims to help Spokane's at risk youth
- Newport marchers protest proposed smelter
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family