LEWISTON, Idaho - The Clearwater Paper tissue mill in Lewiston is expected to layoff upwards of 100 employees this spring, according to Mia Carlson of the Lewis-Clark Valley News.
Company officials say the layoffs stem from competition within the industry. An email sent from Lewiston Mill Manager Donnie Ely says that tissue operations will be restructured to "align with current market conditions".
"Part of this restructure will include employee reductions with approximately 80 to 100 positions affected by eliminating some full-time jobs and also through attrition," Ely added in the email.
Layoffs are tentatively expected to start in May.
Company spokesman Shannon Myers says laid off employees will receive assistance.
- Spokane Valley immigration lawyer breaks down zero tolerance policy
- Spokane non-profit helping veterans heal looks for new location
- Woman found not guilty in nephew's death
- Schweitzer offers bikes with a boost
- Spokane Valley law enforcement warns of potential burglary scheme
- Spokane Valley Deputy and K9 catch suspect on the run