LEWISTON, Idaho - The Clearwater Paper tissue mill in Lewiston is expected to layoff upwards of 100 employees this spring, according to Mia Carlson of the Lewis-Clark Valley News.
Company officials say the layoffs stem from competition within the industry. An email sent from Lewiston Mill Manager Donnie Ely says that tissue operations will be restructured to "align with current market conditions".
"Part of this restructure will include employee reductions with approximately 80 to 100 positions affected by eliminating some full-time jobs and also through attrition," Ely added in the email.
Layoffs are tentatively expected to start in May.
Company spokesman Shannon Myers says laid off employees will receive assistance.
- Skater falls on Spokane ice ribbon, dies
- Fire closes Moses Lake pizza parlor for "foreseeable future"
- Iconic Moses Lake pizza parlor on fire
- Weather cooperates as hundreds turn out for 3rd annual Walk for Life NW
- WSU community honors quarterback with candlelight vigil
- Spokane's favorite crossing guard