LEWISTON, Idaho - The Clearwater Paper tissue mill in Lewiston is expected to layoff upwards of 100 employees this spring, according to Mia Carlson of the Lewis-Clark Valley News.
Company officials say the layoffs stem from competition within the industry. An email sent from Lewiston Mill Manager Donnie Ely says that tissue operations will be restructured to "align with current market conditions".
"Part of this restructure will include employee reductions with approximately 80 to 100 positions affected by eliminating some full-time jobs and also through attrition," Ely added in the email.
Layoffs are tentatively expected to start in May.
Company spokesman Shannon Myers says laid off employees will receive assistance.
- Local agencies weigh in on the #WhyIDidntReport movement
- Union Gospel Mission uniting community for World Homeless Day
- Woman arrested for arson for downtown Spokane apartment fire
- South Boundary Fire Protection District sued as former commissioner faces rape charges
- Steven Branting to appear at Northtown Barnes and Noble for book signing
- Level 2 evacuation notice lifted for I-90 fires