LEWISTON, Idaho - The Clearwater Paper tissue mill in Lewiston is expected to layoff upwards of 100 employees this spring, according to Mia Carlson of the Lewis-Clark Valley News.
Company officials say the layoffs stem from competition within the industry. An email sent from Lewiston Mill Manager Donnie Ely says that tissue operations will be restructured to "align with current market conditions".
"Part of this restructure will include employee reductions with approximately 80 to 100 positions affected by eliminating some full-time jobs and also through attrition," Ely added in the email.
Layoffs are tentatively expected to start in May.
Company spokesman Shannon Myers says laid off employees will receive assistance.
- Gonzaga's Graduate Accounting ranked 13th best in nation
- Fear grows among business owners as construction looms on North Monroe
- Renovation project brings new life to East Sprague
- Trial underway for woman accused of murder plot against husband
- Air 4 Adventure: First day of spring
- Students plan March For Our Lives as news hits of another school shooting