SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Valley Police Department and Spokane County Sheriff's Office continues to receive reports from citizens of stolen items from their vehicles.
Authorities would like to remind everyone that, it doesn't matter to criminals if a vehicle is locked or unlocked.
It takes less than a second for a thief to enter your vehicle and steal your property.
Local law enforcement wants to help stop property theft, but they need your help to do it.
“Don’t leave valuables or anything you’re not willing to lose in your vehicle. If you must, conceal all of them or secure items in your trunk, even if you’ll only be away for a 'couple minutes'”.
If you notice any suspicious activity, report it to Crime Check at 509-456-2233.
Provide descriptions of persons and vehicles believed to be involved with criminal activity/vehicle prowling.
If you witness a crime in progress, call 911.
- Months after school shooting, Freeman students walk out
- Spokane Valley students push to reform gun laws, met with opposition
- K9 that captured Jonathan Renfro put down after cancer battle
- Spokane Valley Firefighters extinguish house fire
- Coeur d'Alene student arrested for social media threat
- Coast Guard ship returns to Pacific Northwest after drug fighting mission