PULLMAN, Wash. - Lauren McCluskey's mother, Jill, has set up a memorial fund in honor of her daughter who was murdered this week.
Jill posted on Twitter Friday morning:
These past few days have been a deep, dark valley, but we are hoping for some light. The Lauren McCluskey Memorial Fund will provide scholarships for student-athletes in track and field. This will be an endowed fund and will therefore live forever. https://t.co/KyrH05Tg9l— Jill McCluskey (@jjmccluskey) October 26, 2018
McCluskey's family organized the fund to honor the memory of Lauren McCluskey. Lauren's family suggested funds collected support future scholarships for student-athletes in track and field.
Lauren was a standout track and field athlete at Pullman High School. She later moved to The University of Utah where she earned 2017 honorable mention Pac-12 All-Academic and 2017 MPSF All-Academic.
You can find her memorial fund here.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Friends of the Library fall book sale starts Wednesday
- Tartar Sauce puts Zip's Drive-In on the map
- Spokane voters to face income tax proposition on November ballot
- New effort to clean up crime in downtown Spokane
- City of Spokane to finish cleaning up storm debris within the week
- Neo-Nazi group posts flyers outside of Spokane church