PULLMAN, Wash. - Lauren McCluskey's mother, Jill, has set up a memorial fund in honor of her daughter who was murdered this week.
Jill posted on Twitter Friday morning:
These past few days have been a deep, dark valley, but we are hoping for some light. The Lauren McCluskey Memorial Fund will provide scholarships for student-athletes in track and field. This will be an endowed fund and will therefore live forever. https://t.co/KyrH05Tg9l— Jill McCluskey (@jjmccluskey) October 26, 2018
McCluskey's family organized the fund to honor the memory of Lauren McCluskey. Lauren's family suggested funds collected support future scholarships for student-athletes in track and field.
Lauren was a standout track and field athlete at Pullman High School. She later moved to The University of Utah where she earned 2017 honorable mention Pac-12 All-Academic and 2017 MPSF All-Academic.
You can find her memorial fund here.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
North Idaho man searches for way to pay for surgeries as he fights for his life
SWAT standoff near 5th and Fiske ends, two suspects in custody
- North Idaho man searches for way to pay for surgeries as he fights for his life
- Semi trucks blocking east lane of I-90 near Look Out Pass
- Police: Man was not attacked yesterday on Centennial Trail
- Torchlight parade and firework show at Schweitzer on Saturday
- Winter weather advisory extended for northern Washington and Idaho
- Eagle shot in Moses Lake fighting for his life