SPOKANE, Wash. - The Historic Davenport Hotel has a new tribute to one of its most beloved family members.
John Reed was a doorman and longest-tenured employee of more than 75 years at the hotel. He passed away peacefully in his home in April, but his legacy will live on forever.
A glass case holding his red doorman coat along with a placard describing his long career and life are now on display for visitors to see.
John Reed was a wonderful man and will always be remembered in the Spokane community.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Rescued cats available for free adoption
- Axe throwing venue opens in Spokane
- Mayoral candidates break down the issues they'd address first if elected
- Child struck by car in northwest Spokane
- ISP finds evidence of fireworks being lit in car involved in fatal crash
- Strong winds and showers move into region Sunday