RITZVILLE, Wash. - UPDATE: According to the Adams County Sheriff's Department, the fire started about one mile west of Ritzville, near the airport.
Three homes were immediately threatened. Deputies evacuated people in those homes.
No injuries have been reported, and there has been no structure damage.
The source of the fire is believed to be a combine harvesting in the area.
A large fire is burning near I-90 milepost 219 outside of Ritzville.
The Adams County Sheriff Department says some residences and locations are being evacuated at this time.
You are asked to avoid the area.
This is a developing story. More information to follow.
- Washington State University running back to receive national honors
- 'Free Fresh Market' provides free produce to Spokane residents in need
- Admitted Freeman school shooter has 'low risk for future dangerousness,' says defense expert
- Thousands of athletes in Spokane as city hosts USA Roller Sport National Championships
- State kills 1 member of OPT wolf pack for killing cattle
- Driver hits deer, car catches fire and sparks nearby field