RITZVILLE, Wash. - UPDATE: According to the Adams County Sheriff's Department, the fire started about one mile west of Ritzville, near the airport.
Three homes were immediately threatened. Deputies evacuated people in those homes.
No injuries have been reported, and there has been no structure damage.
The source of the fire is believed to be a combine harvesting in the area.
A large fire is burning near I-90 milepost 219 outside of Ritzville.
The Adams County Sheriff Department says some residences and locations are being evacuated at this time.
You are asked to avoid the area.
This is a developing story. More information to follow.
Another sexually violent predator released to Spokane; SPD not notified until months later
4 for 4: Getting to know Spokane City Council candidate Andy Rathbun
- Another sexually violent predator released to Spokane; SPD not notified until months later
- 'Disney on Ice' is returning to Spokane this weekend
- Park Rangers help ramp up security at local parks, pools
- SCRAPS says local elementary school kids severely abused cat
- Voter Guide: Everything you need to know about the 2019 Spokane Co. general election
- ‘We're not mascots': Wash. lawyer sues New York company over Yakama-brand cigarettes