RITZVILLE, Wash. - UPDATE: According to the Adams County Sheriff's Department, the fire started about one mile west of Ritzville, near the airport.
Three homes were immediately threatened. Deputies evacuated people in those homes.
No injuries have been reported, and there has been no structure damage.
The source of the fire is believed to be a combine harvesting in the area.
A large fire is burning near I-90 milepost 219 outside of Ritzville.
The Adams County Sheriff Department says some residences and locations are being evacuated at this time.
You are asked to avoid the area.
This is a developing story. More information to follow.
- One person injured in shooting near North Central High School
- Washington Wine Month: Wine tasting 101
- Spokane dentist pleads guilty to distributing opioids to former patient
- "Jimmy Kimmel, this is a real place!": Gonzaga students prove they actually exist
- Starting teacher pay raised to $40,000 in Idaho
- Rui Hachimura gets special visit from former NBA player