LAPWAI, Idaho - A Lapwai woman was killed early Saturday morning after she drove her car into a tree at a high rate of speed.
Aretha Everett, 44, was driving her car southbound on Main Street approaching Bever Road. She left the roadway, striking a tree head-on. Neither Everett or her passenger, Kaliel Day, 21, were wearing seatbelts.
Everett was declared dead on scene while Day was transported to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Lewiston.
Alcohol is suspected as a factor in the crash.
An investigation is ongoing.
Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart
- One driver dead in crash near Tensed
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player