WORLEY, Idaho - A wanted man was taken into custody after barricading himself in a home near Worley Tuesday morning.
The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office SWAT team arrested 65-year-old Robert E. Lee at a home at 9821 W. K Street, just southwest of Worley City Park.
Deputies responded to the home around 7:00 a.m. after they received information from a sheriff's office in Nebraska that Lee was there. Lee was wanted out of Lancaster County, Nebraska for possession of a dangerous weapon and possession of a controlled substance.
The Kootenai County SWAT team responded when Lee refused to come out of the home. For nearly three hours, negotiators worked to get Lee to surrender.
Around 10:00 a.m., law enforcement resorted to forcing their way in. Lee was arrested and booked into jail for his outstanding warrants.
According to the Kootenai County Sheriff's office, Lee has prior convictions for burglary, robbery and murder. 4 News Now has reached out to authorities for more information on Lee's convictions.
Police release video of light rail station shooting suspect
Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Sixteenth annual Spokane River cleanup draws hundreds
- Inland Northwest Craft Beer Festival returns next weekend
- WSDH report breaks down school vaccination statuses in each county
- Drive-by shooting suspect under investigation for threatening witness
- Fatal crash near Davenport launches car 100 ft into rock cliff
- Revival Tea Company will soon open downtown tea house