RATHDRUM, Idaho - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office, with assistance from the Kootenai County Joint Agency SWAT team, arrested a wanted man hiding out in a residence near Rathdrum, Idaho, Thursday morning.
On Thursday, November 10, at 9:49 a.m., deputies responded to the 14000 block of N. Idaho Rd. near Rathdrum for the report of a wanted person.
36-year-old Dustin R. Hieronymus, the North Idaho Violence Crime Task Force fugitive of the week, was hiding inside of a residence. Hieronymus violated his probation and had a warrant out for his arrest due to an aggravated assault charge.
When deputies arrived at the house, an occupant told them that Hieronymus was inside. He refused to exit the house and after a standoff with deputies, the Kootenai County Joint Agency SWAT team was deployed. Hieronymus surrendered to the SWAT team and was arrested by deputies.
Hieronymus' arrest marks the 21st time he's been booked into the Kootenai County Public Safety Building.
- City of Spokane to launch bike-share program
- Suicide prevention signs hung on Monroe Street Bridge
- BLM temporarily bans target shooting in eastern Washington
- WSU welcomes largest freshman class in history
- Lake City HS football team travels to Wallace to escape poor air quality
- Lumber truck overturns on Idaho State Highway 11