CHENEY, Wash. - A fire prompted an evacuation of the Eagle Point Apartments in Cheney Monday night.
Firefighters from the Cheney Fire Department and Spokane County Fire District 3 responded to a kitchen fire in one unit. Firefighters say an automatic fire sprinkler in the kitchen prevented the fire from spreading.
According to Cheney Fire Battalion Chief Ken Johnson, this was the third fire in the Eagle Point Apartment complex that was stopped by a fire sprinkler. Because damage was limitied, Johnson says those who live in the apartment will be able to move back in in a few days.
No one was injured.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
- Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery