COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - UPDATE:
As of Thursday, the KCSO Sonar Team has searched approximately 250 acres of the lake bed . Their side scan sonar system is capable of mapping an area 150' feet wide while traveling at 3 mph.
The probable search area for Larry is about 3 square miles, or 1,920 acres.
The Sheriff's Office will continue searching. We will provide updates when we get them.
Kootenai County Sheriff's Office Dive Rescue Team is searching Lake Coeur d'Alene for a man who fell in the lake.
68-year-old Larry D. Isenberg fell off his boat in the Powderhorn Bay area. The Sheriff's Office received a call around 10:30 a.m. from Laurcene B. Isenberg that said Larry had fallen into the lake while attempting to repair one of the motors on the boat they were in. Laurcene said she had been searching for Larry on her own for some time.
The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office Dive team began their search shortly after 11 a.m. Four KCSO boats were deployed to search the area, alongside another rescue boat from Eastside Fire District.
We will continue to update.
- Spokane autism conference features special guest from Sesame Street
- White supremacist decal found at Gonzaga University
- City hoping to re-open ice ribbon in early March
- Spokane Valley family escapes house fire thanks to help from good Samaritan
- Social media threat directed toward 'SHS' in Ohio, not Spokane
- Free Fun Friday events