UPDATE: A GoFundMe page set up for the boy, 13-year-old Jade Harlow, says that he was accidentally shot in the head by his 15-year-old brother, who didn't know the shot gun he was holding was loaded.
Kootenai County Sheriff's Office detectives are investigating, after a reported accidental shooting that left a 13-year-old boy with extensive facial injuries.
On June 22, deputies responded to a residence on S. Robinson Creek Road near Cataldo, Idaho, for a reported accidental shooting.
When they arrived, they found a 13-year-old boy with extensive facial injuries from what appeared to be a shotgun.
The boy was taken to Sacred Heart, where he is currently being treated.
Kootenai County detectives are currently investigating the incident.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldier killed in Afghanistan
North Idaho woman accused of stealing $500,000 from non-profit appears in court
- Body of missing N. Idaho woman recovered from Snake River
- Bad air quality and extreme heat causes concert cancellation
- Dump truck accident causes Snake River Road closures
- Moscow Chamber of Commerce receives grant for Idaho tourism
- Captivating photos show fire's destruction in Glacier National Park
- Unhealthy air quality expected to continue