SPOKANE, Wash. - A jury sided with Gonzaga on Friday in regard to a lawsuit against the university by the owner of a bulldog once portrayed as its unofficial mascot.
A former employee at GU, Joanne Waite was attempting to sue the university for disability discrimination, age discrimination, unfair practices to a person with a service animal and other violations.
Waite claimed Maddie was her service dog and that Gonzaga violated her rights by not allowing the bulldog at sporting events.
Waite also accused the university of using Maddie's image for multiple publications and marketing materials- for which she was never compensated.
- Sears at the Spokane Valley Mall to close by February 2020
- Hundreds gather to dedicate new Millwood World War I Memorial
- Zags stay at no. 8 in AP Top 25 poll
- Washington's 2019 apple crop one of the largest in history
- A foggy morning should give way to a sunny Veterans Day
- Veterans & their families can ride the Looff Carrousel for free today