SPOKANE, Wash. - Get your kids ready to race!
The Lilac Bloomsday Association has decided to bring back the popular Jr. Bloomsday children’s race from the 80s and 90s.
This year’s race is open to kids in grades 3 – 7 and will take place at 9 a.m. on April 20.
Runners will start and finish the 1.25 mile race at Avista Stadium. Runners will actually finish inside the ballpark near home plate.
It’s $20 to enter and a finisher t-shirt and souvenir bracelet are included. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Active4Youth, a non-profit charity whose mission is to combat childhood obesity through the introduction of sports like running.
Registration open on February 1 and is limited to the first 3,000 kids, so act fast!
More information can be found on the Bloomsday website.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Viral sensation dubbed the 'salmon cannon' was tested by researchers in the Tri-Cities
- Court: Idaho must give transgender inmate gender surgery
- Spokane Co. deputies looking for man who told 9-year-old girl to 'get in' his van
- Help local kids in need and enjoy live music and classic cars at the same time at Country Cruisin'
- Police arrest two men suspected of shooting EWU football players
- Crews extinguish house fire in Emerson Garfield neighborhood