KELLOGG, Idaho - A North Idaho teenager was killed in a car crash Saturday night in Kellogg.
According to Idaho State Police, 18-year-old Ryan Rodriguez was driving a red 2001 Toyota Echo on Interstate 90 at milepost 51.7 when he lost control of the car and hit a guardrail. 18-year-old Colten Holzheu was thrown from the car.
Holzheu was taken to Shoshone medical center, where he was pronounced dead.
Two other teens were in the car. It's not known if anyone else was hurt or if the teens were wearing their seatbelts.
According to a tweet on Sunday from Idaho State Police, there is evidence that fireworks were being ignited inside the car.
Sadly, last night's crash on I-90 near Kellogg was fatal. An 18-year old passenger was ejected and died from his injuries. No alcohol is suspected. Distracted driving is being investigated as a cause as there is evidence fireworks were being ignited inside the vehicle. pic.twitter.com/rk5mkg4Bj3— Idaho State Police (@ispdistrict1) May 27, 2019
ISP is still investigating.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
WATCH: ABC continues coverage of Trump impeachment inquiry hearings
A rainy Friday in store: Showers making their way in around lunchtime
- Country music star John Rich to sign whiskey bottles in Moscow
- What one woman says the City of Coeur d'Alene did with the unclaimed money she found
- Celebrate National Bundt Day with a free cake at this local bakery
- University of Washington needs your dog for new aging study
- Newly built Spokane bus stops under construction again, here's why
- SPD have arrested repeat offender three times in 2019 alone