SPOKANE, Wash. - A Spokane County Jail inmate is in critical condition Wednesday afternoon after he was found unresponsive and not breathing in his cell.
It appears that the inmate attempted suicide before he was found.
Corrections Officers began life-saving efforts and requested for medics at the jail. The inmate - an adult male - was transported to the hospital where he's listed in critical condition with his life in jeopardy.
The man, who's name is not being released at this time, was serving time for several felony charges.
- City plans to open carrousel, other Riverfront Park attractions this spring
- Starting today, Red Wagon will be inaccessible for three weeks
- Group aims to save Lewiston performing arts center from demolition
- Proposed state initiative aims to ban soda taxes in Washington
- EWU professor publishing first book about Spokane River
- You can now live in the historic Ridpath hotel