SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane County Medical Examiner identified the inmate found dead at the Spokane County Jail on Tuesday morning.
The Medical Examiner identified the inmate as 39-year-old Sharona Marie Carroll-Camps. Authorities did not release Carroll-Camps' manner of death and said the cause is pending a toxicology report.
A Spokane County Detention Services Corrections Officer responded to a verbal call for assistance from a cell mate of Carroll-Camps. She was found to be unresponsive.
Jail Staff began life-saving efforts until they were relieved by Spokane City Fire and AMR personnel. One dose of Narcan was administered by the emergency response personnel before Carroll-Camps was pronounced dead at the scene.
Spokane County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Detectives and Forensic Unit personnel responded to conduct interviews and process the scene for evidence.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- 'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
- Deputies involved in deadly Spokane Valley shooting identified
- Have fun with the family before school starts up at the North Idaho State Fair
- Spokane Co. Medical Examiner identifies Spokane Valley shooting suspect