SEATTLE, Wash. - On Saturday, August 11th, Brett Read, an Okanogan County firefighter from District 8, was trying to leave his work area at the Grass Valley Fire in Douglas County when flames suddenly intensified. Read became separated from the engine he was working on and was burned.
According to a GoFundMe page started in Read's name, Read was taken to Coulee Medical Center and later airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
He was admitted to the burn unit and as of Monday morning, was listed in satisfactory condition. Brett has been a volunteer firefighter for 7 years and lives in the Omak area with his wife and three children.
- Sandpoint to dedicate street to NFL hall of famer Jerry Kramer
- Spokane Police looking for missing 13-year-old girl
- Warm and sunny today but expect a stormy Friday
- EWU senior performs on stage with Carrie Underwood at Spokane Arena
- Saranac Art presents its galleries for the month of June
- Working 4 You: The cost of child care in Spokane County