SPOKANE, Wash. - Indian Canyon Golf Course is now open for the season and all 18 holes have brand-new irrigation systems.
The irrigation project replaced the full original 1936 system with new irrigation technologies. Not only will it improve playing quality, it will conserve water in alignment with the City's strategic plan.
Esmeralda Golf Course is scheduled to begin a full irrigation upgrade this fall and all four courses will receive improvements in the future.
Through late June, there will be 5 temporary greens (5, 8, 9, 12, and 17) as work finishes up on the project.
Esmeralda, Downriver and Creek at Qualchan have also opened for the season. For more information on the irrigation project and all City of Spokane golf courses, please visit their website.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
- Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery