BOISE, Idaho - According to a new report, Idaho is the fifth worst state to live in as a working dad.
Personal finance website WalletHub compared the 50 U.S. states across 20 key indicators, including average length of work day for men, child-care costs, and percentage of men in good or better health.
Idaho ranked as the following:
- 34th – Percent of Kids Younger than 18 with Dad Present Living in Poverty
- 20th – Unemployment Rate for Dads with Kids Younger than 18
- 38th – Male Uninsured Rate
- 34th – Avg. Length of Work Day (in Hours) for Males
- 15th – % of Physically Active Men
- 30th – Child-Care Costs (Adjusted for Median Family* Income)
- 51st – Day-Care Quality
Of the 50 states, Connecticut was ranked as the best for working dads, and West Virginia was ranked as the worst. Washington came in 19th.
You can find the full report here.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldier killed in Afghanistan
North Idaho woman accused of stealing $500,000 from non-profit appears in court
- Body of missing N. Idaho woman recovered from Snake River
- Bad air quality and extreme heat causes concert cancellation
- Dump truck accident causes Snake River Road closures
- Moscow Chamber of Commerce receives grant for Idaho tourism
- Captivating photos show fire's destruction in Glacier National Park
- Unhealthy air quality expected to continue