WALLACE, Idaho - On Wednesday, around 11:56 a.m., a car crash on I-90 in Wallace, Idaho killed a 61-year-old man.
A white 2005 Ford Ranger pickup driven by Keith M. Coleman of Kellog, Idaho was entering westbound I-90 from exit 61 when he failed to yield to oncoming traffic. Both westbound lanes were occupied by two semi-tractor trailer units.
Coleman lost control of his vehicle and crossed in front of a 2015 Freightliner pulling a trailer driven by Richard C. Lamphere, 63, of Farmington, New Mexico.
Coleman struck the median barrier head on, then bounced back into the fast lane in front of Lamphere who then sideswiped Coleman.
Troopers and @ShoshoneSheriff deputies have been working all afternoon on this crash I-90 near Wallace, that sadly has gone fatal. The investigation continues but the weather and conditions are being looked at as a contributing factor. An ISP press release is forthcoming pic.twitter.com/yNJY8CTCis— Idaho State Police (@ispdistrict1) January 23, 2019
Coleman was transported to Shoshone Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased.
Lamphere was not injured and both drivers were wearing their seatbelts.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
Collaboration, community the focus of new Spokane cohousing development
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries
- Collaboration, community the focus of new Spokane cohousing development
- Vandals cause significant damage to SpokAnimal vet clinic during attempted break-in
- Washington State University ranks 23rd in national Top 25 poll
- Work release inmate walks away from Valley Hospital