North Idaho first responders are credited with saving the life of a dog who fell into icy water Saturday.
The dog broke through ice off Lakeshore Drive Saturday evening, according to a post online by Selkirk Fire Rescue. BC Amorebieta put on a wet suit and rescued the dog.
Selkirk Fire Rescue said the dog couldn't walk and was nearly dead. The animal was rushed to North Idaho Pet Clinic for treatment.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart
- One driver dead in crash near Tensed
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player